Monday, February 8, 2010

Bruce Kulick "BK3" KISS Coffeehouse Recap

BruceKulick.net

I had an amazing time at the KISS CoffeeHouse in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina this past Saturday. The weather finally behaved after storms in the area the night before. The turnout packed the place, and both radio and television news crews showed up to capture the fans and interview me for their network news programs.

There was not one, but three BK3 themed cakes, and that was crazy cool. I posed with the cakes, and of course shared the sugary desserts with my fans. The people who run the KISS CoffeeHouse treated me like gold, and of course I took many photos with the fans there to pick up their VIP package of the new CD, poster, laminate and BK3 guitar pick.

A big KISS fan who is an artist who draws caricatures of the KISS members did a hilarious BK3 themed one of me with my thumb up and holding my trusty ESP guitar. Funny, when I showed it to my 90 year old Dad last night he asked me why is my nose SO big and what am I holding in my hand! (My nose is large, and my thumb is NOT a water bottle, but God bless my Dad for being alive so many years no matter how badly he sees these days!)

Of course my parents are really proud of their son, and I was bragging to my Mom about the CD release saying, "Look Mom, I bought you a copy at the Best Buy store in Myrtle Beach!" True. I made my friends take me to the local Best Buy store so I could see it for myself, all that hard work finally displayed on the shelf in a major store in the US. My Mom (who is 85) is well aware how hard it is for an independent artist to get their music in the stores these days. Being the mother of two sons in the biz makes her smarter than most about the entertainment business!

So this week's events for BK3 have been quite incredible. From the hugely crowded Cat Club show in LA with Nick Simmons and the band, and everyone that turned out in South Carolina at the KISS CoffeeHouse, I want to thank the fans for their support. I have read many great reviews about the new CD, and I am very happy everyone seems extremely excited with BK3.

I want to thank my label Rocket Science for all their hard work in getting the new CD stocked in the stores and having the vision for sharing this music with my fans in a big way. Special thanks to Johnny Rock from the CoffeeHouse, and to my "Team Kulick" for coming to the event to help out. You all are very special to me.

Some more events are being talked about for the future, but in the meantime please enjoy the CD. And if you haven't picked one up at a store or ordered it yet, please do so... I promise you won't be sorry.

Best,

Bruce  Kulick